Private Sector Development
Improving the business climate and facilitating the development of entrepreneurship are majors steps to initiate or strengthen countries' economic growth and social development. To contribute to this process, DMI intervenes through several major thematic areas:
- Strengthening of the legal framework to improve the investment climate,
- Reorganising of procedures to regulate economic actors' activities,
- Developing assistance to the private sector, and
- Promoting of Intellectual Property Rights.
DMI assists in the setting up and/or implementation of efficient and sustainable strategies facilitating the private sector's expansion, and addressing the Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) needs.
It also contributes to the positioning of countries in the world trade dynamics. DMI has designed and implemented export promotion means and tools for developing countries, such as public export promotion agencies. It also assists companies or governments in the drafting and in the implementation of export plans, and in their impacts' analysis:
- Identification and analysis of strategic market opportunities, of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of a country's economic development,
- Assistance in the export proceeding, in facilitating identification and actualisation of export opportunities,
- Organisation of companies' involvement in overseas fairs and trade shows,
- Training of export promotion agencies' staff,
- Setting up of commercial information systems,
- Development of human resources and improvement of management efficiency.