Technical Assistance for the ARISE+ Programme
One (1) Senior Key Expert -Team Leader
Objectifs / Objectives
The purpose of this contract is to provide technical assistance to the Vietnamese Government to maximise Viet Nam’s benefits from preferential trade regimes, with a focus on regional agreements and the EU-Viet Nam FTA and IPA.
profil / profile
Qualification et compétences / Qualification & skills
- Postgraduate qualifications in engineering, agriculture or another relevant discipline.
- Excellent level of English (reading, writing, speaking).
- Good drafting skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to different cultural contexts as proven by previous records.
Expérience professionelle générale / General professional experience
- More than 10 years of professional experience in the area of food quality and sanitary and phytosanitary requirements gained in at least 5 different countries, including in OECD countries.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in capacity building projects.
- Experience working with government agencies at senior level.
- Working experience in Asia would be an advantage.
Expérience professionelle spécifique / Specific professional experience
- Knowledge of EU food directives and regulations.
- Knowledge of SPS provisions contained in international trade agreements, e.g. WTO SPS Agreement.
- Prior experience drafting or supporting implementation of SPS legislation.
- Experience working with the private sector would be an advantage.
- Experience working on export promotion would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of testing equipment and protocols for food safety would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Viet Nam’s SPS regulation/policies would be an advantage.