Jordan - Structural Adjustment Facility Programme-Technical Assistance Preparation Mission
Technical Assistance Preparation Mission
– Review technical document and review reforms in the areas of tax revenue (direct and indirect), tax administration and public pensions.
Documented historical review
– Review and provide a comprehensive qualitative and qualitative assessment of the present situation in terms of tax and nontax revenue systems
– Review the degree of coverage and compliance in the implementation of the GST reform.
– Review and provide an overall assessment of social security systems in Jordan, with a special emphasis placed in providing a comprehensive quantitative and qualitative assessment of pension systems
– Technical analysis (including documentation) of measures under implementation as well as under consideration by the Authorities in the fiscal (tax schemes and tax administration) and in the pension areas
– Identification and assessment of the budgetary cost associated to the implementation of the above-mentioned reform measures in the short-term (one year) as well as in the medium term (1-5 years).