Technical assistance for increasing ethical awareness among elected and non-elected local government officials
The overall objective of the project is to contribute efforts on embedding ethics and combatting corruption at local administrations in accordance with priorities set in the Instrument of Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA) II Indicative Strategy Paper for Turkey along with European standards.
The purpose is as follows: to promote ethical culture and minimize unethical behavior and corruption among the elected and non-elected local government officials during their service provision.
The main results to be achieved under this contract are as follows:
· Regulations including ethical codes as required in the “National Strategy of Increasing Transparency and Strengthening the Anti-Corruption Efforts” relevant to local governments are successfully implemented as secondary legislation with the involvement of the MoI.
· Ethical awareness among elected and non-elected local government officials, local communities, relevant NGOs and private sector representatives is increased through workshops, trainings and various awareness campaigns.
· Ethical standards are increased at local administrations through ethical trainers for continuous institutional performances.
· Contentment rate among local communities, relevant members of private sector, and members of city councils (Kent Konseyi), and non-elected local government officials about local governments’ ethical performances are improved.
· Advocacy capacities and numbers of relevant NGOs and/or professional associations to monitor elected local government officials are increased.