Establishment of Zemgale Regional Business Support and Adult Education Centre –Assistance to Metal Works and Engineering Training unit
The development of strategic and action plan for long term development of the metal and machinery manufacturing industries in Zemgale region.
The main activities included:Creating a development plan for the unit:
– Research of the main metal and mechanical engineering export markets to assess long-term development trends and training needs for the industry workers;
– Development of marketing and production strategies;
– Forecasting the approximate number of competent, qualified specialists needed for training the major professions of the industry;
– Creating a detailed action plan for the industry in order to achieve public human resource development, remaining independent and self-sustainable;
– Creating a realistic implementation plan for the strategic and action plans, taking available resources and stakeholders’ interests into account.
Training management of the unit:
– Provision of seminars and workshops along with individual consulting to the management to facilitate their ability to take over implementation of the development plan;
– Ensuring feedback about the perceived management ability to implement the plan to Contracting Authority when preparing the final report.