A country's regional and international economic integration - i.e. approximation of its rules and regulations to international standards, opening up of its market and access to foreign markets- is a major condition for its sustainable development. DMI aims to improve the capacity of emerging and developing countries to participate to global trade, by its deep knowledge of economic integration issues and sound expertise in trade negotiations at various levels.
DMI Associates has high-quality experience and specialised knowledge of many aspects of WTO rules, extensive experience in the negotiation of schedules of commitments (for market access, for agricultural support, and for services) and expertise in the ongoing negotiations in the WTO.
Furthermore, DMI has developed a strong expertise relating to Regional integration problematics (ASEAN, COMESA, SAARC, ECOWAS).
DMI has expertise in the following areas :
- GATT rules e.g. Article III National Treatment & sub national jurisdictions; Article XXIV regional integration
- Agricultural trade policy and subsidy commitments
- Customs valuation
- Import licensing
- Subsidies including export subsidies and industrial policies
- Trade laws including antidumping and countervailing duties and safeguards
- Trade Related Investment Measures (TRIMs)
- Standards & Technical Barriers to Trade
- Sanitary & Phytosanitary Measures
- Services Schedules including Horizontal Commitments
- Services Regulation under GATS e.g. Telecoms and EU Regulatory Experience
- Trade Related Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPs)
- Dispute Settlement procedures and precedents
DMI Associates has experience on all issues related to negotiations in the WTO including :
- Trade facilitation
- Trade and investissement
- Trade and competition