Support to the implementation of the EU-Georgia association agreement – enhancing implementation of judiciary reforms in Georgia
The overall objective is to support the implementation of the latest legislative reforms in the judiciary area, enhance cooperation with the European Court of Justice and advance principles of restorative justice in Georgia.
The specific purpose of this Contract is to assist with the implementation of the latest waves of judiciary reforms in line with the judiciary strategy as well as different EU-Georgia agreements and policy instruments, and in particular through revising the internal regulations and processes before the HCoJ as regards notably appointments and disciplinary proceedings, and through application of revised grounds of disciplinary violations before the Independent Disciplinary Inspector, as well as to approximate the judicial decisions in respect of the transposed EU acquis through cooperation with the European Court of Justice, and bring before courts principles of the victim-centred restorative justice by reflecting on the latest trends in the EU’s criminal justice policies.
The 5 expected results are:
· Result 1: Revised internal regulations and processes before the HCoJ
· Result 2: Put in place revised grounds of disciplinary violations
· Result 3: Addressed remaining challenges of the third wave of reforms
· Result 4: Enhanced cooperation with the European Court of Justice
· Result 5: Applied furthermore restorative principles of justice